Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Female Urination Device

          I have to say, I am a bit taken back that no one has informed me that such a thing exists.  After discovering this little device, I asked many adventurous women if they had heard about the new bathroom: the female urination device.  I was met with some giggles and enthusiasm about what they had heard.  Quite simply, it is an oil funnel-shaped gizmo that a woman places around her, well, area, and is then capable of standing to urinate.  This is supposed to eliminate the use of squatting, and facilitates dry clothing.
          This invention is actually nothing new; hospitals have been using similar contraptions for ill female patients for decades.  What is new is the target audience.  New products are geared toward the woman on the go: the hiker, the partier, the germaphobe, and the road-tripper.  One company, GoGirl, is marketing products for companies such as Target, and wrapping them up in cutesy colors for any taste.  I admit, the concept of avoiding the squat in public bathrooms is appealing, but I do not want to be on hand when my drunk friend decides to try it outside the pub.  Cost: $12.99 for one at http://www.target.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment